The Torpedo Factory in Alexandria Virginia has been restored and today houses an art center. The U.S. Navy began construction of the building a day after Armistice Day, November 12, 1918. It served as the navy's torpedo center for five years before becoming a munitions storage facility. During WWII the building reverted to its original use and produced almost 10,000 torpedoes. It was used for storage for a number of years before opening as an art education center, artist studios and gallery in 1974. Canon 40D 1/125s at f/16.0, ISO 200, 34mm effective focal length.