This ALMETL fire door was manufactured by the Merchant & Evans Company of Philadelphia. The manufacturer's metal name plate is still legible and is stamped with a manufacture date of December 21, 1917. These were interior fire doors used to close openings between warehouse or factory sections. They are mounted on an iron bar which is sloped downward toward the closed end. In case of fire, the door was released and gravity pulled it closed. This old door was exposed earlier this year when part of this old warehouse was demolished for a parking lot. Canon 40D, 1/125sec @ f/16.0, ISO 200, 17mm focal length.